Extend Bidder Preference for State Contracts
- Ensure that jobs funded by taxpayer dollars go to Nevada workers.
Enable Businesses to invest in Higher Education
- Provides opportunities for businesses to make an investment in higher education, which will provide the workforce that businesses need.
Implement Economic Gardening
- Provides new and expanding businesses the marketing data that they
need and an online business resource center that they can utilize.
Utilize Empty State Land/Buildings
- Lease out existing unused infrastructure for economic development
allowing the new tenant to incur the cost of improvements.
Streamline Licensing Regulations
- Expedite routine permitting processes to get business up and running.
Incentives for Film Industry
- Brings jobs to Nevada by incentivizing the film industry to shoot more movies in Nevada.
Funding Infrastructure to Create Jobs
- Making sure shovel-ready projects to improve our infrastructure in Nevada are funded.
Phase in Pre-Kindergarten
- Make sure pre-kindergarten is available to our most at-risk students in the state.
Full Day Kindergarten
- Ensure that ALL children in our state are able to get the start they need with full day Kindergarten.
Class Size Reduction
- Re-examine the class-size formula to ensure accountability and that
students have the environment they need to achieve.
End Social Promotion
- Make sure all children are able to read by the end of Grade three.
Change Funding Equity
- Districts with higher levels of at-risk, ELL, special education, and gifted and talented students are funded at a higher level.